The 2014 Toyota Tundra debuted this fall with a totally redesigned body, including updated technology, new safety features, and chiseled styling. The SR, SR5, Limited, and Platinum models all return for 2014, but a new 1794 Edition joins the lineup as the range topping trim. The 1794 Edition is a tribute model to the ranch founded in 1794, on which the current Tundra plant resides in San Antonio.
2014 Tundra Styling
For 2014, the Tundra gets an aggressive makeover that allows the Tundra to stand out in a crowded full-size truck market.
- The Tundra has a taller chrome grille, for a bolder look.
- The front and rear bumpers now feature three-piece designs, which will make repairs cheaper and easier.
- The rear tailgate now features a spoiler that helps with aerodynamics, and will likely help fuel efficiency.
- The rear tailgate now has TUNDRA stamped into the steel.
2014 Tundra Technology
The 2014 Tundra is the latest Toyota model to receive the brand's Entune infotainment system, including:
- The available 6.1-inch color touch screen.
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Pandora app
- There's also a new 3.5-inch multi-information display in the gauge cluster for trip-computer functions.
2014 Tundra Comfort and Convenience
Inside the Tundra has upgraded materials, with more convenience and comfort.
- The audio and climate controls are 2.6 inches closer to the driver for easier access.
- The knobs are large, making it easier to use when wearing gloves, and the front seats have additional travel.
- Rear seats in the CrewMax model can now be folded up, which provides additional cargo capacity inside the cab.
- The console features multiple storage areas.
- Both the Double Cab and CrewMax models are available with bench or bucket seats in the front row.
2014 Tundra San Antonio Performance
There are three main engine options:
- The base model is powered by a 4.0-liter V-6 engine rated at 270 horsepower and 278 pound-feet of torque.
- The 4.6-liter V-8 engine rated at 310 horsepower and 327 pound-feet of torque.
- The powerful 5.7-liter V-8 engine, rated at 381 horsepower and 401 pound-feet of torque.
- The V-6 engine utilizes a five-speed automatic transmission, and both V-8 engines are connected to a six-speed
- automatic transmission. For 2014, the Tundra receives new shock-absorber valve tuning for an improved ride quality,
- and the steering system has received tweaks to help improve straight line stability.
2014 Tundra San Antonio Towing Power
Strength and Power are a priority. The 2014 Tundra is the only full-size pickup truck to adhere to the new SAE J2807 towingstandards, and it has a maximum towing capacity of 10,400 pounds in 4X2 regular cab trim with the tow package. A cool feature is the manual headlight leveling system with daytime LED running lights to make it easier to see when towing large loads.
2014 Tundra San Antonio Safety Features
The Tundra steps up its game with eight-standard airbags, including front seat-mounted side airbags, front and rear roll-sensing side-curtain airbags, along with driver and passenger knee airbags. The Tundra also features a backup camera and Bluetooth on all models, and a new blind-spot monitoring system with cross traffic alert is available on the Platinum and 1794 Editions.
The 2014 Toyota Tundra hit the lot at Toyota of Boerne in September. Contact us today and test drive your 2014 Tundra! For more information, call us at 888-311-6058.